Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have been inspired to make paleo chocolate chip cookies because chocolate chip cookies are something that I grew up making, and I could probably make them in my sleep! So I thought this would be something fun to tackle. Another reason for my inspiration is, tomorrow I will be attending a "Paleo Potluck"! Sounds fun, right?! All of the dishes there will be paleo and it will be really interesting to meet "like minded" paleo peeps! P.S. Who doesn't love chocolate chip cookies??! So here goes.. this is my Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe!

1/2 Cup Butter(Raw)
2/3 Cup Beet Sugar
2 Tbsp Date Mash*
1 tsp Vanilla
2 Eggs
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
1/3 + 2 Tbsp Cup Coconut Flour
1/3 + 2 Tbsp Almond Flour
1/2 Cup Cacao Nibs

*Date Mash
2 Dates
1 tsp Water
2 tsp Maple Syrup

Take the seed out of the dates, and cut them in small pieces. Put the dates and water into a small bowl and heat in the microwave for about 45 seconds. Mash the dates up as much as you can and add the maple syrup.

1. Cream the butter, beet sugar, cooled date mash, and vanilla together.
Beet Sugar looks and taste pretty close to regular sugar!







I got this 3 pound bag for $4.00!
This is what the date mash will look like
2. Add one egg at a time beating each egg until combined into the mixture.
3. In a separate bowl mix together the baking soda, salt, coconut flour and almond flour.
4. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture in three different additions, mixing well after each addition.
5. Stir in the cacao nibs.
This is what your finished dough should look like
6. Use a spoon to put dough onto baking sheet and put in a 350 degree oven for 9 minutes.
I like to use parchment paper for easy clean up
7. Remove them from the baking sheet immediately so that the bottoms do not burn and let them cool. 

I know some of the ingredients are way out of the norm, but if you are paleo these cookies will definitely satisfy your chocolate chip cookie craving, and will be worth the effort! If you have any questions about what these ingredients are or how to get them just ask! :)

P.S. I still need recipe submissions! So, if you have a favorite recipe or just something you want me to try out send it my way! It doesn't have to be paleo but I might convert it if it's not!

2 comments:

  1. These were really yummy! But, we're they really soft when they first came out of the oven? Also, I couldn't find beet sugar and used coconut sugar instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked them! Yes, they are a little bit more soft than a regular cookie right out of the oven. Good to know that the coconut sugar worked! :)

    ReplyDelete